Sunday, April 7, 2013

Studio Kits ROCK!

Each month, the Scrapbook Studio in Saskatoon makes up kits for $10.  I've subscribed to the monthly kits for quite awhile and have come to really appreciate the awesomeness that is placed into each one!  If you use your kit to make 2 layouts and return it them the store for display by the 20th of the same month, you're entered into a draw for a $15 store credit!  Great deal, eh?

This month's contained papers from the So Noted line by Carta Bella - gorgeous!  I was so inspired, I had to use it right away :)  And, wouldn't you know, I had some great photos from our Edmonton trip to use with the kit.  

My daughter was enthralled by the lighted fountains in the mall and when we arrived Wednesday morning before the stores opened (we're early-birds), it was quiet and the perfect time to get a couple photos of them. I love that the kids don't mind posing for pictures :)
This was the paper that first caught my eye - love the colours!  Maybe Cayla was thinking of me when she chose it (tee hee).
When we woke Wednesday morning, there was a beautiful sunrise out our window.  I took a photo and thought of the awesome title my friend, Laurali had done years ago.  Just had to do a similar one with mine.  So, while it's hard to see in this photo, Edmonton is cut out of a photo of the downtown skyline at dawn :)
This layout is inspired by a Lisa Day sketch from a class I took last year - 28 Days of Sketches through Big Picture Classes.  Totally awesome for inspiration!  I refer to my binder with all the sketches printed out lots :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment