Sunday, April 28, 2013

Nature, au naturel?


Sometimes, I'll be happily scrapping away and have a layout almost done, but get completely stumped on the title.  A while back, I shared that dilemma with my hubby who took a look at the layout and quickly blurted out an awesome title idea.  My mouth fell open and I ran back to my table to quickly get the words in place before I forgot his little pearl of brilliance. 

Well, over the years, I've turned to him a number of times for help with titles or ideas that just aren't working right.  He claims he doesn't really "get" scrapbooking, but appreciates the end product, so he's okay with acting as a consultant when I'm stuck.  But, he's adamant that he does NOT participate in this lol

Then, a couple months ago, Jason came to me with a page idea.  Yes, I just said that - he came up with the concept!  Interestingly, it was a title which would dictate a lot about the page - it was "Nature is every child's playground."  I loved it and immediately jotted it down along with some photo ideas (ones I'd have to find from old ones I'd printed). 

And, thanks to my category drawer and Stacy Julian's wonderful system, as well as a lack of current stuff to work on, I was able to locate those photos for the crop.  I love how it turned out!  The great papers allowed me to use photos from any season and they still worked.
The products were all part of a Crop & Create package that ROCKS!  The papers are Simple Stories, BoBunny & Jillibean Soup and letters & stickers by Jillibean Soup, October Afternoon & Basic Grey.

The design was inspired by a Becky Fleck sketch that I modified a bit to make it work.  But, I had way more photos than would fit in the layout, so I used a fun little washi tape trick to get 6 4x4 photos into a 4x6 space - LOVE washi tape =) 

I wonder what he'll suggest next ...





No comments:

Post a Comment