Sunday, April 21, 2013

Crop 'til you Drop!

Yesterday, Amy Peacock, along with her husband, Brent and daughter, Faith, held a crop to raise money for diabetes.  Brent's father, a diabetic, passed away last year and the Peacock family is supporting Brent's endeavour to run a marathon for the cause.  

So, Amy organized her scrappy friends to come together and enjoy a day of cropping, visiting and dozens of prizes.  Brent took care of ALL the food - snacks, drinks, lunch and supper were all provided and prepared by him!  He also taught us how to make record bowls (way cool!).  The records were donated by Tracy Penner's husband :)  And, we were able to buy more so we could make more bowls at home (I got an extra 5!).
The prizes were amazing!  There was a 50-50, 40 raffle prizes and silent auctions as well as many door prizes.  I came home with tickets to the man show (excited to take my hubby on a date night!), as well as a bucket of chicken from KFC, a pizza from Dominoes and 2 passes to Rainbow theatre - sounds like a great kids' date night!  The neatest part was Shauna, who attended with me, also won Man Show passes, so we might even get to double-date :)

But, for me, the best part was I got 7 layouts completed!  I have spent the last 2 weeks dealing with various health issues in our home - Jason was laid up for a week with his back (it was awful!) and my son was out for 3 days with asthma.  So, getting back to something I love felt so good!

The first two I'll share with you are using a kit by Kelly Goree that I got at Crop & Create in 2011.  She has such a fun, whimsical style.  I made a few modifications to her layouts to work in some photos of my kids that were taken - get ready for this - 4 years ago!  They got tucked away in my photo box and forgotten until I ransacked it Friday night.  They were taken by a wonderful local woman who set up a 'back-to-school' photo shoot the year my daughter started Kindergarten. 
This layout is very similar to Kelly's aside from the addition of 3 smaller photos and some pinwheels.  It uses Basic Grey and My Mind's Eye papers and Basic Grey letters and pinwheels.

This layout had much more focus on red, which simply wouldn't work with my daughter's dress.  So, I subbed in a couple papers and painted the red flowers around "wonderful" with Taffy Smooch as well as adding 2 more small photos.  The papers are by My Mind's Eye, Basic Grey, BoBunny, Jillibean Soup and letters by Basic Grey.
So, not only did I get my mojo going again, I enjoyed using products that I'd had waiting far too long.  Ahhh ... thank you so much Amy, Brent and Faith!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment